Why It Always Pays to Wait for Confirmation before Buying

Don’t buy the dip in Disney (SYM: DIS) just yet, we said on May 9

“Over the last few days, Disney gapped from about $117 to a low of $105.58. All thanks to disappointing guidance. But according to Barclays, the pullback is overdone. For one, according to Barclays, the concerns about theme park operating income is overblown. Two, the firm is still optimistic about Disney’s streaming segment results,” we added.

We also said we wouldn’t buy just yet – which turned out to be a better call than Barclays’.

From May 9 until now, shares of Disney would fall even more, from about $107 to a low of $101.39. While we respect firms like Barclays opinion, they should have taken our other advice to wait for confirmation of trend change before buying.

Even now, as Disney attempts to form a base at $103.33, we’d wait for confirmation again – which we’re watching for closely. All we can tell you at the moment is that DIS is technically oversold on RSI, MACD, and Williams’ %R and could soon starting to push higher.

But again, we have to wait for confirmation of trend change.


deal of the month

best growth stocks


Bundle package – lifetime subscriptions for all products


Recent posts


Connect with Us

Get FREE Daily Stock Tips

Join and receive market insider stock picks, trade alerts and unique investing insights
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
By clicking the "Subscribe" button you are accepting our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Join Waitlist

We’re sorry, but due to the popularity of our services, we have reached our max number of subscribers and are not currently accepting more. If spots become available, we will be sure to contact you. Please join the waitlist below.
Thank You!

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.